A Tybee Island bed and breakfast’s beach cottage — historic and romantic — need not be a dream! Lighthouse Inn is eager to share the appeal of our Georgia beach lodging and Tybee Island, Georgia‘s character-rich stories, plus well-kept secrets! For example, did you know you can see Hilton Head Island, South Carolina fireworks from Tybee Island’s north beach on July 4th? And, that Tybee is on the Atlantic Ocean’s bird migration flyway?
“Tybee will rank among the most noted of the pleasure resorts of the country.” –B. H. Richardson, ca. 1886.
Built in 1910, this historic bed and breakfast beach inn celebrated 100 years in 2010. It is located on Tybee Island’s quiet north beach of the Fort Screven Historic District.
Lighthouse Inn welcomes approved freelance journalists and writers on assignment. Come coasting to Tybee Island‘s north beach bed and breakfast inn, where casual does not mean inelegant. As long-term Tybee residents, innkeepers Susie and Stuart will introduce you to happenings and places to enhance your story, feature, and personal beach and leisure here.
Come. Amble along, with no particular place to be, relaxed and unhurried … toasting to a contented life on America’s Healthiest Beach – Tybee Island, Georgia!
Professional photos are generously shared at no cost when Lighthouse Inn is recommended or featured.
To consider a comp travel stay or press rates, please email information regarding the publication assignment, story angle, and issue date.
Please contact our media relations contact below, or the Inn via email.
- Story Ideas: Here
- Meet the Innkeeper: Susie Morris and Stuart Lyles
- Photos: Here
- Media Contact: Sandy Traub, firstname.lastname@example.org | 912-398-9828. Twitter: @SandyTraub
TYBEE ISLAND, GEORGIA, IN TRAVEL PRESS & MEDIA:
- Tybee Island, Georgia, and Lighthouse Inn featured in Perfect Little Beach Towns, Southern Living (June 2012). Lighthouse Inn, “where Wi-Fi meets rocking chairs with stories to tell”.
- Tybee Island, Georgia, in Summer in the U.S.A.: 20 Best Vacation Destinations. Frommer’s Travel (June 2012)
- CNN chose Tybee Island, Georgia, for Hometown Heroes lantern release. South magazine (April 2012) and Savannah Morning News
- Tybee Island, Georgia, America’s 50 Best Seafood Dives, Coastal Living (2012). North Beach Grill and Crab Shack named.
- Tybee Island, Georgia, in Top Beach Towns for the Winter, Yahoo! Travel, Sylvia Cochran (October 2011)
- Turtle Tracking: Looking after loggerheads on Tybee Island, Connect Savannah by Bill DeYoung (2011)
- Road trip: Tybee Island, AJC (2011)
- A Shore Thing: 10 Best Beaches for Families, 2011. Parents Magazine. Tybee Island, GA is #14 Best Beaches recommended.
- Tybee Island GA, Bicycle Friendly Community, Bicycle Friendly America, League of American Bicyclists (2011)
- Georgia Traveler, Season 4 Episode 10 – Tybee Island (May 2011)
- Southern Living, Sea Kayaking to Little Tybee Island by Taylor Bruce (March 2011)
- Atlanta Magazine, Tybee Island, Georgia’s laid-back treasure (March 2011)
- Birmingham Magazine (travel review), Tybee Island offers a quiet getaway on the Georgia coast. (March 2011)
- Horizon Travel Magazine (Canada) Tybee Island, Savannah’s Beach: Too Good to be true … Tybee Island. (March 2011)
- Georgia Public Broadcasting, Mardi Gras lifts Tybee’s off season (March 2011)
- America’s Most Beautiful Coastal Views, Travel + Leisure magazine (2010). Tybee Island, GA named.
- Tybee Island – Savannah’s Beach, @For91Days (November 2010)
- 5 Best Photo Opportunities in Savannah, AOL travel by Tracie A. Handley [Tybee Lighthouse named!] (September 2010)
- America’s Best Budget Beach Hotels, AOL Travel (August 2010)
- Travel + Leisure America’s Best Little Beach Towns (August 2010)
- Georgia (U.S.): Sea Islands. 99 Coastal Destinations Rated: Top Rated, National Geographic “Seabirds wheel around the lighthouse on Tybee Island, one of the Sea Isles that helped place Georgia’s Atlantic coast in the Top Rated category.”
- New York Times Laid-Back Beach Town Welcomes Detouring Families (July 2010)
- Day Trips and Weekend Getaways on a Budget (May 12, 2010) ExploreGeorgia.org, 100 Free Things to Do With Your Family.
- TRIPADVISOR Announces Top ‘Vacation Rental Hot Sports for 2010 (April 22, 2010)
- Deep South Magazine Top 10 Events (April 1, 2010)
- Harper’s Bazaar The Real Miley Cyrus (February 2010)
- Warm U.S. Islands for Cold Times, Budget Travel (February 2, 2010)
- USAToday: Travel Tips. Attractions in Tybee Island, GA
- Georgia Magazine Cover (October 2009)
- Georgia Magazine, Best of (October 2009)
- Tybee Island Visitor Count Up in July, SavannahNow.com (August 11, 2009)
- Pirate Fest Draws Record Crowds, SavannahNow.com (November 4, 2009)
- Fifth Annual Pirate Fest Envisioned to Fortify Shoulder Tourism Season, SavannahNow.com (October 7, 2009)
- Taking In Tybee, Just 4 Families Digest
- America’s Healthiest Beach & Lake Getaways Health.com, June 2009 | WJCL Savannah
- Southern Living, Savannah, Georgia Travel Guide. A complete travel resource guide of our editors’ tried-and-true favorites in this charming waterfront city.
- AOL’s Top Ten City Beaches AOL Travel
- New York Times TRAVEL | HAVENS; Time Catches Up With a Georgia Eden, By Denny Lee (2004)