TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — Lighthouse Inn’s Tybee bed and breakfast islanders / innkeepers remind that there is no need for Tybee events. Slip away to this Tybee Island cottage B&B for east coast sands, the Atlantic Ocean’s surf and salty breeze, and endearing southern folks as your hosts.
Tybee Island Sunrise by Irving Anaya
From Tybee Island in June 2013, we encourage a visit to Fort Pulaski, a sunset or dolphin cruise, kayaking along Cockspur Island, and a day trip to downtown historic Savannah, during your visit to “Georgia’s Coastal Playground” — Tybee Island, GA.
The 4-times-daily shuttle from the Tybee Lighthouse into Savannah will make for a worry-free day trip to see the downtown Savannah historic district … perhaps after breakfast. You’ll want to be on Tybee Island to see the beach sunrises and sunsets!
More Tybee Events + What to do in June 2013:
- June 2: Tybee Floatilla “Will Float for Friends”, benefiting Tybee non-profit organizations.
- June 8: Tybee Tour of Homes
- June 9: Trybee Island Sprint (swim, bike, run triathalon)
- Tybee Sea Turtle Project (May – November). Check out the Tybee Island Marine Science Center to see what is happening to help Georgia Barrier Island sea turtles. Please keep beach noise to a minimum after sunset. Turtles are nesting. Red lights only on the night beach.
- Friday, June 21, 2013: Be on Tybee Island beach for the first day of Summer
- Saturday and Sunday, June 22 and June 23, 2013: Full super moon in the June 22 sky as it does on June 23. This full moon is not only the closest and largest full moon of the year. It also presents the moon’s closest encounter with Earth for all of 2013.
- Sunday, June 23, 2013: Tybee Market at the Lighthouse
- Third Thursdays on Tybee. Tybee Island’s monthly outdoor music series.
- Savannah Sand Gnats baseball has 15 home games in June through September 2, 2013, at historic Grayson Stadium. Drive Highway 80 about 20 minutes to Victory Drive in Savannah.
Did You Know? Members of the 48th New York Volunteers stationed at Fort Pulaski played baseball to pass the time.
History is Kept Alive at Fort Pulaski National Monument, Kim Gusby / WSAV
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast inn.
Historic Tybee Beach Bed and Breakfast, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
(912) 786-0901 | Toll Free (866) 786-0901 | Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011-2013 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.