A few Tybee Island Things to do in May 2011 are listed below. Some are Tybee Island events. Some are ideas of what to do on the beautiful Georgia Coast. We suggest visiting Fort Pulaski, a prominent film location in “The Conspirator,” Robert Redford’s movie released April 15, 2011.
While on Tybee Island, please help to “KEEP TYBEE TIDY” (Tybee Island’s anti-litter campaign).
Thursday, May 5, 2011
CINCO DE MAYO
Try the Caribbean fare at North Beach Grill
Friday, May 6, 2011
SCAD SAND ART FESTIVAL
Sand art competition on the beach.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND REFUGE CRUISE
Wilderness Southeast naturalist guides explore Savannah River channels near Savannah National Wildlife Refuge
9:00 AM – Noon
Saturday, May 7, 2011
TYBEE SEAFOOD FESTIVAL
11 AM – 7 PM. Tybee’s favorite restaurants are featured on Tybee Pier.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
BEACHES & BORDERS
12:30 – 2:30 PM
With Wilderness Southeast naturalist, explore tidal creek, sand dunes, and creatures adapting to the harshness of sun, sand, and salt.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
THIRD THURSDAYS ON TYBEE
5:30 – 6:30 PM Music featuring Chris Desa, Lot at Tybee Oaks
Friday, May 20, 2011
BEACH BUM PARADE
on Butler Avenue, Tybee Island
Saturday, May 21, 2011
EXTREME PRO VOLLEYBALL
Tybee beach volleyball tournament
Saturday – Sunday, May 21 – 27, 2011
NATIONAL SAFE BOATING WEEK
U.S. Coast Guard
Follow on Twitter: @boatingcampaign
Saturday, May 28, 2011
SALT MARSH BY LAND AND SEA (paddling)
9 AM – Noon
Kayak the tidal creeks and salt marshes with Wilderness Southeast Naturalist Guide. See dolphin, osprey, bald and stretch your legs to explore a wild shore. Meet at Skidaway Narrows.
– A link to SURF FORECAST
– Picturesque flags that have flown over Tybee Island wave at the Tybee Museum near the Tybee Lighthouse. Through December 2011, “Conquered Banners: Georgia’s Civil War Flags” are on display at the Georgia Historical Society in downtown historic Savannah.
– Safe Bicycling on Tybee Island, a “Bicycle Friendly Community”.
– From parasailing, kayak, water tours, science museum, and heritage tourism places to visit you’ll find more TYBEE ISLAND ATTRACTIONS posted on TripAdvisor.com
– “Insider’s Guide to Savannah and Hilton Head” highlights Tybee Island history and attractions.
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast inn.
Historic Tybee Beach Inn Bed and Breakfast, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
(912) 786-0901 | Toll Free (866) 786-0901 | Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.