[TYBEE EVENTS VACATION] — Tybee Island’s Lighthouse Inn bed and breakfast vacation offers a great place to celebrate the 4th of July and a summer getaway weekend on the east coast USA! Parents Magazine named Tybee Island the #14 Best Beach for Families in the United States.
With introductions to Tybee events, this island bed and breakfast offers the quiet of North Beach Tybee Island as a leisured home base. Let loose in July for an All-American east coast vacation in casual island style — Independence Day fireworks, fishing, kayaking, biking, savoring island cuisine, playing beach volleyball, surfing, and strolling 5-miles of refreshing Atlantic Ocean beaches.
Ideas of what to do in Tybee Island, GA in July 2011:
- July 3: 4th of July Fireworks on the Beach on the Tybee Pier and Pavilion, South Beach. While on the pier, look for the sign, “Georgia’s Peach of a Beach“, a movie prop left behind from Disney’s “The Last Song,” starring Miley Cyrus and Greg Kinnear.
- Tybee Sea Turtle Project (May – November). Please keep beach noise to a minimum after sunset. Turtles are nesting.
- July 8: Domino Effect live music at North Beach Grill, Tybee Island, 6PM. Check SongKick.com for more concerts and live Tybee entertainment.
- July 15, Friday: Jonathan Byrd & the McMaken Brothers at Huc-A-Poo’s, 10 pm
- July 16, Saturday: Jonathan Byrd & the McMaken Brothers at North Beach Grill, 7 pm
- July 21: Author Mary Kay Andrews Book Signing, “Summer Rental” on Tybee Island GA at Seaside Sisters.
- July 18-23: Boy Scouts of America “Fishing Frenzy” at Tybee Island. Boys Age 12 to 20 and Scout Leaders. **This private outing is a great idea — go fishing at Tybee Island! Check Tybee Island’s July 2011 tides here.
- July 22, 23, 24 and 29, 30, 31: The Wizard of Oz, a Main Stage production for all ages presented by Tybee Arts Association.
What to wear at the beach? Island casual! We even found a hot summer dress idea for you! We agree with Tom Ford to wear flip flops and shorts at the beach. Bare feet is a great idea for the beach, but you may want to bring a comfortable pair of tennis shoes or the like if you plan to do a lot of walking elsewhere, such as sightseeing in the Savannah historic district.
Remember: The four-times-daily Tybee / Savannah shuttle runs from the “rural” Tybee Lighthouse into the City of Savannah. Consider the 20-minute ride for a worry-free day trip for sightseeing in the downtown Savannah historic district.
Travel Georgia I16 East, US I95 South, and Highway 80 East to the Atlantic Ocean for a close-to-home summer beach getaway or summertime July vacation on Tybee Island, once formally known as “Savannah Beach” on Georgia’s east coast.
Tybee Island kudos entice even more Georgia and southeast USA travelers to head southeast!
- Tybee Island name #1 Healthiest Beach in America – Health magazine
- The League of American Bicyclists designated Tybee a 2011 Bicycle Friendly Community — only the third municipality in Georgia to achieve the designation. SavannahNow.com (2011)
- Day Trips and Weekend Getaways – ExploreGeorgia.org, 100 Free Things to Do With Your Family. (2010)
- Best Beach Retreat – Creative Loafing Atlanta (September 2010)
- Readers’ Choice Best Beach Destination – Georgia Magazine (2009)
- Best One Tank Trip – Atlanta Journal-Constitution (March 2009)
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast inn.
Historic Tybee Beach Inn Bed and Breakfast, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | email@example.com
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
(912) 786-0901 | Toll Free (866) 786-0901 | Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.