TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — Named “#2 Top Budget Getaway” and “The Perfect Beach Town” by Southern Living, Magazine, Tybee Island is the place to get away , roam the beach, and stretch your 2018 Memorial Day Weekend.
Lighthouse Inn will be flying our American flag high to honor the sacrifices of America ’s fallen heroes!
Tybee Island’s thriving little beach town is the ideal place to reset the pace early in the beginning of the 2018 summer vacation season!
- Escape the hustle … and sport something patriotic!
- Slip on the flip-flops and savor the day-boat catch-of-the-day seafood a local Tybee Island restaurants — freshly caught fish, shrimp, crab and more.
- Slip away to Fort Pulaski National Monument and the nature paths along Lazaretta Creek and the Savannah River channel. Allow the Atlantic Ocean’s salty breeze carry your worries away!
- Hide away in the local pubs, like North Beach Bar and Grill, a favorite of Ben Affleck during the time he was filming in the Savannah area.
- Tap into the lively beach music scene, performed by the locals.
- Put your toes in the water and picnic like the good ole days of classic, southern beach parties at Tybee Island beach near Savannah!
- Book your stay at the chic and newly updated Lighthouse Inn, once an Army officer’s home in Tybee Island’s historic Fort Screven District. In Fort Screven, Col. George C. Marshall (later General Marshall of World War II fame) was commander.
- MORE ABOUT FORT SCREVEN: “Begun as a coast artillery fort, it later evolved into an infantry post and finally, during World War II, a deep-sea diving school. During the Great Depression it served as a training center for the Civilian Conservation Corps. Perhaps most notable of its commanding officers was Col. George C. Marshall who arrived in 1932. He and his wife Katherine lived on the famed Officers’ Row. During World War II, Marshall served as the U.S. Army Chief of Staff, and afterwards, as U.S. Secretary of State, he initiated the European Recovery Program often known simply as the Marshall Plan.” Source: Tybee Post Theater.
Consider adding a special patriotic salute to your getaway. Take part in the “National Moment of Remembrance.” It encourages all Americans to pause wherever they are at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day for a minute of silence to remember and honor those who have died in service to the nation. As Moment of Remembrance founder Carmella LaSpada states: “It’s a way we can all help put the memorial back in Memorial Day.”
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island beach house inn Historic Tybee Beach Bed and Breakfast Cottage, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | email@example.com
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2015-2018 Lighthouse Inn, Tybee Island, Georgia USA