TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — The flat, light-protected beach near Savannah is an ideal spot to take in the night sky and full moon.
Lighthouse Inn bed and breakfast is a short 3 minute walk to the beautiful quiet of North Beach.
- Thursday, March 5, 2015, Full Worm Moon. “As the temperature begins to warm and the ground begins to thaw, earthworm casts appear, heralding the return of the robins. The more northern tribes knew this Moon as the Full Crow Moon, when the cawing of crows signaled the end of winter; or the Full Crust Moon, because the snow cover becomes crusted from thawing by day and freezing at night. The Full Sap Moon, marking the time of tapping maple trees, is another variation. To the settlers, it was also known as the Lenten Moon, and was considered to be the last full Moon of winter.” — Farmer’s Almanac.com
Meanwhile, NASA give us dates to spot the International Space Station (ISS) from Tybee Island, GA —
|Sat Feb 21, 7:40 PM||2 min||28°||10 above NNW||28 above N|
|Sun Feb 22, 6:47 PM||4 min||18°||10 above N||11 above ENE|
|Sun Feb 22, 8:24 PM||< 1 min||16°||16 above WNW||16 above WNW|
|Mon Feb 23, 7:29 PM||4 min||77°||10 above NW||35 above SE|
|Tue Feb 24, 6:36 PM||6 min||43°||11 above NNW||10 above ESE|
|Tue Feb 24, 8:15 PM||2 min||11°||10 above WSW||10 above SW|
|Wed Feb 25, 7:22 PM||3 min||25°||25 above WSW||11 above S|
More 2015 Full Moon dates:
- Saturday, April 4, 2015, Full Pink Moon
- Monday, May 3, 2015, Full Flower Moon
- Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Full Strawberry Moon
- Thursday, July 1, 2015, Full Buck Moon
- Friday, July 31, 2015 ** Full Blue Moon
- Saturday, August 29, 2015, Full Sturgeon Moon
- Monday, September 27, 2015, Full Harvest Moon
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015, Full Hunter’s Moon
- Wednesday, November 25, 2015, Full Beaver Moon
- Friday, December 25, 2015, Full Cold Moon ** Christmas Day. Night is at its longest and darkest.