TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — Tybee Island festivals and events are well attended by Georgia Coast tourists, Tybee locals, folks from Savannah, and our coastal island neighbors. No wonder! It’s relaxing, shirtsleeve warm weather most of the year in Tybee Island’s unique community-style beach town! Southern folks are eager to get out and mingle.
Tybee Island’s year around festivals and events are hosted primarily near the south end (south beach) pier. In that main strand travelers are rarely at a loss for company.
When you are ready for peace and quiet, escape to the north end (north beach) and Lighthouse Inn. It’s gentle relaxation here near the historic Tybee Lighthouse and Colonial Coast Birding Trail.
- Third Thursday on Tybee (year around, except August)
- Polar Bear Plunge – (January 1)
- Critz Tybee Run Festival (January) – January 31 – February 1, 2014
- Tybee Restaurant Week (January) – January 17 – 26, 2014
- Mardi Gras Tybee (March) - March 1, 2014
- Irish Heritage Celebration Parade (March) – March 15, 2014
- Tybee Wine Festival (April) - April 9 – 13, 2014. Proceeds benefit Tybee Post Theater
- Turtle Trot-5k Beach Run (Spring) – Saturday, April 26, 2014. Fundraiser for the Tybee Island Sea Turtle Project and kick-off for Coastal Georgia’s Sea Turtle nesting season.
- Coastal Empire Cycling Fest (speed cycling, part of the USA CRITS Speed Week). April 30, 2013 | 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. downtown Tybee Island. Cheering spectators welcome!
- Tybee Sea Turtle Project (May – November). Respect turtles nesting with lights out and no noise on the night beach.
- SCAD Sand Art Festival (May) – Friday, May 2, 2014 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on North Beach, Tybee Island.
- Beach Bum Parade and Street Party weekend (May, free) - May 16, 2014. Back story (annually since 1987)
- Extreme Pro-AM (EVP) Beach Volleyball Tournament (May) - May 17, 2014
- National Safe Boating Week (May) Sponsored by U.S. Coast Guard
- Tybee Island Tour of Homes (June) – June 7, 2014, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tybee Island Sprint 2014 June 8, 2014. 750 Meter Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run. Event #3 of the Georgia Triathlon Series. This event benefits Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- July 4th Fireworks on the Beach (July) – July 3, 2014 – ”dark-thirty” near Tybee Pier.
- Tybee Island Labor Day Beach Bash – August 31, 2014
- 14th Annual Tybee Kayak Race - September 7, 2013. Proceeds benefit Tybee Island Marine Science Center. Held at AJ’s Dockside on Chatham Avenue.
- Taste of Tybee (September) – TBA (5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Walter W. Parker Pier and Pavilion (Tybee Pier).
- ACA Paddle Sport Week, September 9-14, Sea Kayak Georgia
- Festival of the Arts (October) – TBA
- Tybee Island Pirate Festival (October) – October 9-12, 2014.
- ** Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon, November 8, 2014. Shuttles transport runners from Tybee Island lodging (and back) for downtown Savannah for race.
- Savannah Food and Wine Festival, November 10-16, 2014
- Tybee for the Holidays (November – December). Events include ”Lights on for Tybee” (December 5, 2014), Tybee Island’s tree lighting ceremony at the Tybrisa/ Strand Roundabout, and Christmas Parade (December 6, 2014).
- Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count - Saturday, December 14, 2013 until Sunday, January 5, 2014
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks (December 31) — Tybee Pier
See Tybee Island Seasons video here, produced by TybeeVisit.com.
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast
Historic Tybee Beach Bed and Breakfast Cottage, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
(912) 786-0901 | Toll Free (866) 786-0901 | Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011-2013 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.