TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — Tybee Island festivals and events are well attended by Georgia Coast tourists, Tybee locals, folks from Savannah, and our coastal island neighbors. No wonder! It’s relaxing, shirtsleeve warm weather most of the year in Tybee Island’s unique community-style beach town! Southern folks are eager to get out and mingle.
Tybee Island’s year around festivals and events are hosted primarily near the south end (south beach) pier. In that main strand travelers are rarely at a loss for company.
When you are ready for peace and quiet, escape to Tybee Island’s north end (north beach) and Lighthouse Inn. It’s gentle relaxation here near the historic Tybee Lighthouse and Colonial Coast Birding Trail.
Yes, Tybee Island is a “Toes in the Sand, Wish Your Were Here” kind of place! Get here when you can.
TYBEE ISLAND EVENTS
- Polar Bear Plunge – (January 1)
- Critz Tybee Run Festival (February) – February 2 – 3, 2018
- Mardi Gras Tybee (March)
- Irish Heritage Celebration Parade (March)
- Tybee Island Kite Festival (April)
- Turtle Trot-5k Beach Run (Spring, opens kick-off for Coastal Georgia’s Sea Turtle nesting season, May through October annually) – Saturday, April 29, 2018. Fundraiser for the Tybee Island Sea Turtle Project.
- Tybee Wine Festival (May) – Proceeds benefit Tybee Post Theater
- Tybee Sea Turtle Project (May – October). Respect turtles nesting with lights out and no noise on the night beach.
- National Safe Boating Week (May) Sponsored by U.S. Coast Guard
- SCAD Sand Art Festival (May)
- Tybee Island Tour of Homes (May / June)
- Beach Bum Parade and Street Party weekend (May, free) – Back story (annually since 1987)
- Extreme Pro-AM (EVP) Beach Volleyball Tournament (May)
- Tybee Island Sprint 2015 (June) Trybee Georgia Triathlon Series. This event benefits Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- July 4th Fireworks on the Beach (July) Independence Day Fireworks, “dark-thirty” near Tybee Pier.
- Tybee Island Labor Day Beach Bash (September) Tybee Pier and Pavilion
- 14th Annual Tybee Sea Kayak Race (September) Proceeds benefit Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- Taste of Tybee (September) September 3, 2018
- Tybee Island Pirate Festival (October) – October 5-8, 2017.
- ** Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon, November 2, 2017. Shuttles transport runners from Tybee Island lodging (and back) for downtown Savannah for race.
- Savannah Food and Wine Festival (November), November 6-12, 2017
- Small Business Saturday (November), November 25, 2017
- Tybee for the Holidays (November – December). Events include “Lights on for Tybee” (December 1, 2017), Tybee Island’s tree lighting ceremony at the Tybrisa/ Strand Roundabout, and Christmas Parade (December 2, 2017).
- Toure’ de Lights Bike Ride (December)
- Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count – December 14 though January 5, annually.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks (December 31) — Tybee Pier
See Tybee Island Seasons video here, produced by TybeeVisit.com.
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast
Historic Tybee Beach Bed and Breakfast Cottage, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | email@example.com
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
912-786-0901 or 770-313-1562| Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011-2017 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.