TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — Tybee Island festivals and events are well attended by Georgia Coast tourists, Tybee locals, folks from Savannah, and our coastal island neighbors. No wonder! It’s relaxing, shirtsleeve warm weather most of the year in Tybee Island’s unique community-style beach town! Southern folks are eager to get out and mingle.
Tybee Island’s year around festivals and events are hosted primarily near the south end (south beach) pier. In that main strand travelers are rarely at a loss for company.
When you are ready for peace and quiet, escape to the north end (north beach) and Lighthouse Inn. It’s gentle relaxation here near the historic Tybee Lighthouse and Colonial Coast Birding Trail.
Yes, Tybee Island is a “Toes in the Sand, Wish Your Were Here” kind of place! Get here when you can.
- Third Thursday on Tybee (year around, except August)
- Polar Bear Plunge – (January 1)
- Critz Tybee Run Festival (January)
- Tybee Restaurant Week (January)
- Mardi Gras Tybee (March)
- Irish Heritage Celebration Parade (March)
- Tybee Wine Festival (April) – April 22-25, 2015. Proceeds benefit Tybee Post Theater
- Tybee Island Kite Festival, April 25, 2015
- Turtle Trot-5k Beach Run (Spring) – Saturday, April 25, 2015. Fundraiser for the Tybee Island Sea Turtle Project and kick-off for Coastal Georgia’s Sea Turtle nesting season.
- Tybee Sea Turtle Project (May – November). Respect turtles nesting with lights out and no noise on the night beach.
- National Safe Boating Week (May) Sponsored by U.S. Coast Guard
- SCAD Sand Art Festival (May) – Friday, May 1, 2015 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on North Beach, Tybee Island.
- Tybee Island Tour of Homes (May / June) – May 2, 2015, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Beach Bum Parade and Street Party weekend (May, free) – May 15, 2015. Back story (annually since 1987)
- Extreme Pro-AM (EVP) Beach Volleyball Tournament (May) – May 9, 2015
- Tybee Island Sprint 2015 Sunday, June 7, 2015, Georgia Triathlon Series. This event benefits Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- July 4th Fireworks on the Beach (July) – July 3, 2015 – Independence Day Fireworks, “dark-thirty” near Tybee Pier.
- Tybee Island Labor Day Beach Bash – September 6, 2015, Tybee Pier and Pavilion
- 14th Annual Tybee Sea Kayak Race – September 12, 2015. Proceeds benefit Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- Taste of Tybee (September) – TBA (5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Walter W. Parker Pier and Pavilion (Tybee Pier).
- Festival of the Arts (October) – TBA
- Tybee Island Pirate Festival (October) – October 8-11, 2015.
- ** Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon, November 7-8, 2015. Shuttles transport runners from Tybee Island lodging (and back) for downtown Savannah for race.
- Savannah Food and Wine Festival, November 9-15, 2015
- Tybee for the Holidays (November – December). Events include “Lights on for Tybee” (December 5, 2014), Tybee Island’s tree lighting ceremony at the Tybrisa/ Strand Roundabout, and Christmas Parade (December 6, 2014).
- Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count – December 14 though January 5, annually.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks (December 31) — Tybee Pier
See Tybee Island Seasons video here, produced by TybeeVisit.com.
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast
Historic Tybee Beach Bed and Breakfast Cottage, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | email@example.com
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
(912) 786-0901 | Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011-2013 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.