TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia — Tybee Island festivals and events are well attended by Georgia Coast tourists, Tybee locals, folks from Savannah, and our coastal island neighbors. No wonder! It’s relaxing, shirtsleeve warm weather most of the year in Tybee Island’s unique community-style beach town! Southern folks are eager to get out and mingle.
Tybee Island’s year around festivals and events are hosted primarily near the south end (south beach) pier. In that main strand travelers are rarely at a loss for company.
When you are ready for peace and quiet, escape to Tybee Island’s north end (north beach) and Lighthouse Inn. It’s gentle relaxation here near the historic Tybee Lighthouse and Colonial Coast Birding Trail.
Yes, Tybee Island is a “Toes in the Sand, Wish Your Were Here” kind of place! Get here when you can.
TYBEE ISLAND EVENTS
- Polar Bear Plunge – (January 1)
- Critz Tybee Run Festival (February) – February 1-2, 2019
- Mardi Gras Tybee (March)
- Irish Heritage Celebration Parade (March)
- Turtle Trot-5k Beach Run (Spring, opens kick-off for Coastal Georgia’s Sea Turtle nesting season, May through October annually)/ Fundraiser for the Tybee Island Sea Turtle Project.
- Tybee Wine Festival (April) – Proceeds benefit Tybee Post Theater
- Tybee Turtle Trot (April) – The Turtle Trot is a fundraiser for the Tybee Island Marine Science Center’s Sea Turtle Conservation Fund.
- Tybee Sea Turtle Project (May – October). Respect turtles nesting with lights out and no noise on the night beach.
- National Safe Boating Week (May) Sponsored by U.S. Coast Guard
- SCAD Sand Art Festival (May)
- Tybee Island Tour of Homes (May / June)
- Beach Bum Parade and Street Party weekend (May, annually / free) – Back story (annually since 1987)
- July 4th Fireworks on the Beach (July) Independence Day Fireworks, “dark-thirty” near Tybee Pier.
- Tybee Island Labor Day Beach Bash (September) Tybee Pier and Pavilion
- Tybee Island Pirate Festival (October) – October 4-7, 2018.
- ** Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon, November 3-4, 2018. Shuttles transport runners from Tybee Island lodging (and back) for downtown Savannah for race.
- Toure’ de Lights Bike Ride (December)
- Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count – December 14 though January 5, annually on the Colonial Coast Birding Trail, north beach.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks (December 31) — Tybee Pier
See Tybee Island Seasons video here, produced by TybeeVisit.com.
For more information:
Lighthouse Inn, a Tybee Island bed and breakfast
Historic Tybee Beach Bed and Breakfast Cottage, Celebrating 100 Years!
tybeebb.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 Meddin Drive | Tybee Island | Georgia | USA 31328
912-786-0901 | Twitter @Rockinporch | Facebook
Copyright © 2011-2018 Lighthouse Inn/Sandy Traub. All rights reserved.